The Epistle to the Hebrews
What is the role of Christ as our King-Priest today? In this course on the majestic epistle to the Hebrews, you will see that Jesus did not come to His kingly throne without preparation. Jesus “learned obedience through the things he suffered” and was “perfected” for His roles as Priest and King (Heb 5:8-9) so that now He is “crowned with glory and honor” (Heb 2:9).
As you study Hebrews, you will gain a new appreciation for what it means to your own life and Christian growth to have Jesus as the King-Priest in the present Church Age—what He has already accomplished for you and how He can come to your aid in times of need. You will also be greatly enriched in your expectations of what Christ will bring when He returns to gather His people and set up His kingdom.
Through your study of this course, we pray that you will:
- Find deeper understanding of Hebrews’ key issues regarding date, authorship, background, setting, and purpose
- Construct an outline of Hebrews that reflects its development and major themes
- Describe the author’s basic approach to understanding and applying the Old Testament
- Defend interpretive decisions of the key terms and crucial theological passages in the epistle
- State clearly and precisely how the message of Hebrews has impacted your life
- Base the joy in your Christian walk on the certain promises of a glorious future awaiting faithful believers when Christ returns
In the epistle to the Hebrews, you will learn more about the present-day ministry of Jesus than in any other book of the Bible. As believers, we hold to this promise: King Jesus will return one day and reign forever and ever!