Revelation teaches about future events. So, why should we study it? Isn’t there disagreement among interpreters about what passages mean? If the language is symbolic, how can we interpret it accurately? If symbols must be taken figuratively, how do we know what is meant? How can we come to any agreement about the message of this enigmatic book?
The answer is that God expects us to understand this message: “The one who has an ear had better hear what the Spirit says to the churches” (Rev 2:7). He expects us to obey it and He rewards our obedience. Both the rewards and judgments are severe―there are consequences―and He expects us to understand.
We also study Revelation to receive the blessing for doing so: “Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy aloud, and blessed are those who hear and obey the things written in it, because the time is near!” (Rev 1:3).
This course is a verse by verse interactive study of the book of Revelation. Through your study of this course, we pray that you will develop a deeper understanding of:
- The chronology of the events in Revelation
- The basis of the worship of God in heaven
- The basis of and justification for the judgments
- The response of earth dwellers to the judgments
- The meaning of the symbols used
- The religious and commercial system called Babylon
- The second coming of Christ
- The millennial reign of Christ in New Jerusalem
The course is filled with questions to help you dig deep into God’s Word and to increase your understanding of what Jesus told John about the end times.