One to One
When writing to his spiritual son Timothy, Paul the apostle clearly lays out a principle that enables Jesus’ command to be fulfilled through all who know Him: the principle of multiplication. “And what you heard me say in the presence of many others as witnesses entrust to faithful people who will be competent to teach others as well” 2 Timothy 2:2.
One-to-one discipleship training encourages this principle of multiplication and can help you towards fulfilling the command of our Lord to make disciples.
Through your study of this course, we pray that you will:
- Be able to explain who Jesus is, what He has done, and what He is doing now
- Know with certainty that Jesus is your Savior and Lord
- Learn to interact daily with the Word of God
- Grasp the principles of multiplying disciples of God by entrusting what you have learned to others, applying 2 Timothy 2:2
- Understand the importance of the following areas of your spiritual growth and maturity in Christ: assurance of salvation, the attributes of God, the Word of God, prayer, fellowship, evangelism, the Spirit-filled life, temptation, obedience, and ministry
- Engage in Spirit-led living on a daily basis
As you apply discipleship principles to your own life, you will grow in your confidence to disciple others. The joys will be many as you equip others in a confidently growing, maturing relationship with Jesus and enable them to equip others also.